“People should have faith in their own brilliance” – this was one of the key takeaways from a recent episode of the Being an Engineer podcast, which featured our very own Wes Schwie as a guest. Wes and Aaron Moncur, the host of Being an Engineer, discussed various topics related to patents and patent law, including the following:
- The origin of our firm name;
- Some of the differences between a career as an engineer and a career in patent law;
- Provisional patent applications and the importance of filing them as soon as possible;
- Protecting against copycat products and how to deal with copycats when they arise;
- The rights and protections granted by an issued patent;
- What to look for in a patent attorney; and
- The general range of costs for a patent application
If any of these topics are of interest, check out the link above to listen to the episode! You can also access the Being an Engineer podcast on a number of platforms, including our LinkedIn page, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, and Google Podcasts.
Be sure to listen to the end for one of Wes's favorite jokes!
If you would like to get in touch with us, please fill out this online form or call us at 651-256-9480 to schedule a free and confidential consultation.
*The information in this article and podcast episode is not legal advice and should not be relied on. The content of this article and the podcast is for informational purposes only and is meant as a starting point in your search for answers to your legal questions.